Yahoo mail is one of the most established email services and has millions of users worldwide who use Yahoo every day. Being a top tech company Yahoo employs some of the best security professionals in the world.
Even after employing the best security professionals, Yahoo is not a safe website you could rely on because cybercriminals keep coming with new ideas to break a service provider’s security. So, as Yahoo keep fortifying their services, cybercriminals keep trying for new methods. This will go on, and we can’t do much about it. But the thing that is in our control is the security of our account.
Yes, we can keep changing the password of our account on a regular basis to make sure that cybercriminals stay away from our account.
In this article, we will talk about how to fortify your account’s security, how to change your Yahoo password, how to reset your Yahoo password, and some tips to keep your account secured.
Let’s get started.
So, let’s start the proceeding with the steps to change your Yahoo mail password when you know your password.
How to Change Yahoo Email Password
To change your yahoo password, you can follow these simple steps in the order they are listed here.
- First, open a web browser and then type in yahoo.com in the URL bar and hit enter.
- You need to click on the mail from the top right corner of the page to open the Yahoo mail login page.
- You need to enter the login credentials (username and password) in the given fields and then click on the Login button to access the account.
- Once you’ve logged in to your account, click on the profile picture from the top right corner and then click on the Manage Account link.
- You need to open the Account Info link, which will open another page containing your personal information.
- Click on the Account Security from the left column, where five options are listed.
- Now, click on the Change Password link from the new page, and the link will be located in the ‘How to Sign in Section’. You will need to enter the password once again to confirm it.
- Now, enter the new password for the account in the conform box as well, and then enter the current password and click on the Continue button.
- If both passwords match, then you will see a success popup on the account; click on the continue button to proceed.
And then, you will be asked to review the account’s recovery information to make sure that you always have access to the account.
So, that is how you can change the password of your yahoo account without any hiccup.
How to Reset the Password of Yahoo
Well, if you are unable to login into your yahoo account, you can try to reset the password. Here are the steps you need to take to reset the Yahoo mail password.
- Open Chrome or Firefox and enter the yahoo.com in the URL bar and hit enter.
- Now, look for the mail button from the top right corner of the page and click on it.
- The Yahoo mail login page will then open where you will have to click on the Forgot Password link located right below the password field.
- Now, enter the Yahoo email address in the box and click on the continue button.
- It will fetch the account information and list all the possible options to get the verification code to reset the password.
- You can either select the mobile number option or alternate email ID option to get the verification code.
- Once you’ve selected the option, click on the Continue button, and you will receive a text or email with a verification code.
- Copy the code and go back to the password reset page and then enter the code in the verify box.
- After that, click on the Next button to proceed to the next page.
- On the next page, you will see the option to enter a new password and confirm.
- So, you need to enter the new password in the first box and then confirm the password in the second box and hit the Save button.
So, with these steps, you can reset the password of your Yahoo mail account.
How to Secure yahoo Password
Well, if you want to keep your account secured from hackers and other unauthorized users, then you will need to follow these steps while changing or resetting your password.
- Your password must contain uppercase and lowercase letters to make a strong one.
- It must contain a few numbers in the combination
- It should also contain one or more special characters to make it even stronger.
- Ideally, the length of the password should be at least 12 characters.
So, if you follow all these instructions while creating a new password for your account, the chances of compromise will be significantly low.
Read more:- https://softwarelozi.com/top-12-free-chat-rooms-to-talk-with-strangers/