Are you one of those who can’t connect to their Netgear Extender Setup? Well, you are reading the right article. In this article, we will tell you about the easiest way to set up the Netgear extender. After reading the article, you will see how the extender setup is at your fingertips. Most users face problems during the setup process of Netgear extender. This article will help you with the best assistance possible. Further, in this article, we will describe the common problems people face and troubleshooting ideas that you can use to resolve your issue. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get straight to the article.
Two different ways to setup Netgear extender setup
- Manual method
- WPS method
Netgear extender setup via manual method
- Plug your Netgear extender into any electrical outlet and turn it on,
- Now take an ethernet cable and connect it to your extender and your wifi enable personal computer.
- Now open any updated web browser and launch it,
- Once done, search for www.mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- You are on the new Netgear extender setup page now,
- Now login with your admin credentials. The extender network has either no password or the password is the default password.
- Now choose your admin credentials and access your extender setup via an updated web browser.
- Now accept all the terms and conditions by clicking yes or I agree.
- Now answer any two security questions from the drop-down menus.
- If your extender asks to take help for a Netgear genie app, tap yes.
- Now your extender will show you the list of available networks in your area.
- Click on your existing network.
- Your Netgear extender and your current router are directly connected.
- It’s time to change the location of your extender.
- Now take any of your smart devices and connect them to your new network.
- Once done, voila! You are ready to surf the internet without any buffering issues.
Netgear extender setup via WPS method
- Plug your Netgear extender in an electrical outlet and press the power button to turn it on.
- Now press the WPS button placed on your extender, hold it for 2 seconds.
- Now repeat the same process with your existing router, press, and keep the WPS button.
- Once your LED indicator glows, it means your extender and router is now connected.
- Now launch any web browser and search for www.mywifiext.net.
- You are on a Netgear extender setup page now.
- Enter your admin credentials and hit the login button.
- Once you are done, change the location of your extender.
- We did advise you to place your extender where it can get proper signals from your existing router.
- Please put it in half to your dead network zone area and your live network area for better performance.
- Now take your smart device and connect it to your new network.
- Once connected, surf your internet without any boundation.
Common problems users face during the Netgear extender setup.
Some users can follow the steps without any issue, and some get stuck with the problems. Many problems commonly occur during the Netgear extender setup.
Here are some problems you may face :
- You may encounter the issue regarding your Netgear extender is not working.
- You may also meet Netgear extenders that keep disconnecting issues.
- Netgear extender is not reconnecting.
- Unable to access mywifiext.net .
- Unable to change admin credentials.
- Internet speed is getting slow after the extender setup process.
- Upgrading firmware is failing.
- Download speed is not worth the wait.
Troubleshooting ideas to solve the typical issues of Netgear extender installation.
If you are looking to fix any common issue with your extender, the most effective way is to access the mywifiext.net page, or we can say Netgear extender setup page. Resolving common problems are easy to handle. You can quickly troubleshoot your common issues without taking any expert help. Follow the points given below to resolve your issue quickly.
- First, ensure that you have placed your Netgear extender in the right place. If your extender is not getting the live signals from your existing wifi, it may result in a bad internet connection. Place your extender where it can get proper alerts from your wifi.
- Keep your extender away from the room walls, room corners, electrical appliances like microwave oven, dishwashers, mixer grinders, baby monitors, etc.
- Also, keep your extender away from the fish tank.
- Try to restart your Netgear extender and your existing router and see if it can help you resolve your issue.
- If you are still facing issues, factory reset your extender and set it up again. That will indeed resolve your issue.
- To reset the Netgear extender, power on your Netgear extender > locate the factory reset button present on your extender,> take a paper clip or any other pointed object > press and hold the reset button for seven seconds > release the button.
- Repeat the setup process for the Netgear extender, and boom! You are all set.
If you are still facing any problem regarding the Netgear extender, let us know, we will try to reach you with the best troubleshoot idea for your situation.
Do you think this is an informative article?