UTorrent is still popular among the mass for downloading exceptionally large files like movies and songs. For downloading Torrents on the Web, uTorrent still is the perfect software to do the job. Due to its availability across multiple platforms and its ease of use, uTorrent free downloads have still maintained a reputation amongst their competitors.
It is a well-maintained application with close to zero bugs found while using. It is packed with multiple features, and some of them are locked behind a monthly paywall.
If you are facing problems with advertisements within your software, uTorrent is the best in the business. Even though it is considered to be best, but it still has some issues. Some of the users have come across problems with torrent clients. One of the common issues is uTorrent free download not responding on Windows 10. Today in this blog post, we are going to talk about how the issue can be fixed.
Steps to Fix uTorrent for Not Responding
There are several things that can make uTorrent free download fail to respond to Windows 10. The latest issue with UTorrent is caused by a virus that comes with the file you download.
1. Delete the Download file
Your first step would be to venture off the folder, find the file and then promptly delete it. If it is the cause of the problem, it is better to delete it. But your work does not finish there. Make sure you empty your Recycle bin so you can get rid of it for once and all.
2. Scan the system with windows defender
Click on the Windows key+ I, then Update & Security to launch the Windows Defender. Choose the option “Windows Security” and then select open Windows Defender Security Center.
If you find the security software already running in the background, right-click on the Taskbar icon and then click on View security dashboard.
Click on Virus & threat protection> Run a new advanced scan after you have launched the software. Finally, select full Scan from the menu and then press the Scan Now button.
Use Windows Defender offline scan to locate the possible virus in the system. When you choose this option, it will automatically turn off your system, and it will take about 15 minutes or more to complete the work.
3. Allows uTorrent through Windows Defender Firewall
Press the Cortona button, type Firewall into the search box. However, if you do not find any button, clock on the start button and then start typing right away. Find the option that says “All an app through Windows Firewall”. As you click on it, a new window will appear in front of you. This window will include a list of apps that can be allowed or disallowed. Search for the uTorrent option and set it to Private if you are on a private network or Public if you are on a public network.
4. Uninstall & Reinstall uTorrent
Sometimes you need to step back if you want to go ahead. You must uninstall uTorrent, restart your computer and then re-install the latest version. You can try this method to see if it can make the problem go away.
You can copy your user data from C:/Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent, save it to another location and then restore it after the fresh install.
5. Switch to an alternative uTorrent
If the previous step does not work, consider switching to an alternative uTorrent like qBittorrent. Although it is the best, you can find it does not come with fancy features. We must remind you that not all Torrents are legal to download. You must check the laws of your country to find out if you can do without facing any repercussions.
So now you are aware of how to solve the uTorrent not responding error, consider using the solutions provided above. However, if you do not like uTorrent anymore, you can switch to alternatives like Transmission, Deluge, q Bittorent, BitTorrent, etc. I hope running uTorrent software will not be a problem anymore for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I get uTorrent on my computer?
Answer: Steps to install uTorrent on windows:
- Open the web browser you prefer
- At the top of the screen, on the address bar type http://www.utorrent.com
- Press the button “Download” on the green toolbar
- Click “Windows” on the right side of the page
- Besides the label “u Torrent Stable 3.4.2, click on “Download Now.”
- When the download window appears, click the option “Save.”
- Open the uTorrent installer
- On the uTorrent setup, click the button “Next.”
- On the warning page, click “Next” again
- Agree on the User Agreement
- Select the location where you want to save uTorrent
- Click “Install” to install the program
Q2. How do I remove uTorrent from my firewall?
Answer: Steps to use a firewall to block an outgoing uTorrent:
- On the start screen, type “Windows Firewall”. Choose the option “Settings” and select “Windows Firewall.”
- From the left pane, click “Advanced settings.”
- Click on the “Outbound rules” from the left pane. Choose the option “New Rule” from the right pane.
- Click “Program” and then “Next.”
- Click “Browse”, double-click the uTorrent and choose the option “Next.”
- Select “Block the Connection and click on the “Next” option.
- Check the “Private”, “Public”, and “Domain boxes. Then choose the “Next” option. Write down your name and option description for the new rule and click “Finish” to block outgoing uTorrent traffic.
Q3. Is there a way to fix Windows 10 blocking uTorrent?
Answer: Steps to fix Windows 10 blocking uTorrent:
- Restart from task manager
- Run application as administrator
- Allow uTorrent Through Firewall
- Delete AppData
- Disable proxy networks
Q4. What is the latest uTorrent download?
Answer: Installing the latest version of uTorrent is maybe the best thing to work on your Windows 10. The latest version of uTorrent is 3.5.5 46020.[powerkit_tabs type=”pills” nav=”horizontal”] [powerkit_tab title=”Author Bio”]
Karen Hamada is a website editor who has worked on several tech articles. She mostly writes about the hard disk, Windows PC, software issues. She is also associated with MyAssignmenthelp.com, where she offers computer science assignment help. If you need to know more about assignment Maker and uTorrent free download for windows 10, we are your best scope.[/powerkit_tab] [/powerkit_tabs]