Engineering graduates are considered one of the most versatile out of the lot, with their feet dipped into all waters. On the other end of the spectrum, the world of business management is so popular because of its universality and that it fits in all fields of work, far and wide. Management is everywhere, everything is management, all around us. Every sector is filled with opportunities and engineering is one of the immensely popular predecessors of the master’s program, which is why an MBA for engineers is largely preferred and popular.
Engineering is one of the most extensive and dynamic bachelor’s degrees which comprises a variety of fields and nurtures the analytical and problem-solving abilities of an individual. The practical, solution-oriented aptitude of individuals blooms and it becomes the key factor why MBA for engineers isn’t really such a bad idea, and colleges like GD Goenka University in Gurgaon become a great place to begin your professional journey.
On the other hand, MBA colleges are inclined towards taking in engineering graduates for the big brains and practicality they bring to the scenario. Colleges like GD Goenka University in Gurgaon and IIMs readily prefer to take in B.tech graduates.
Why is MBA for engineers so preferred?
Engineers are keen on chasing better avenues, higher pay packages, and good career growth-oriented jobs. Every year, around a million students, graduate with a B.tech degree, out of which only 6-10 percent land up in an engineering-related role. Either for a hefty salary or to change fields, MBA turns a large number of engineers heads and which is why MBA for engineers is a good option. Many students are also conflicted about their career paths and hence choose MBA as a well-trodden path. MBA also helps engineers to find jobs in higher hierarchy positions.
Technically heavy work and study in the form of B.tech weigh down some of the graduates as they begin to realize their inclination. This is the reason why MBA for engineers becomes important to reach their full potential. A lot of aspirants prepare for exams like CAT, GMAT, and GRE and join coaching classes to crack the exam! Colleges like IIMs, with their great placement cells, and GD Goenka University in Gurgaon with their extensive course structure become amazing for students to aim at!
Benefits for engineers to do MBA
MBA provides a large and wide scape of opportunities and hence, there isn’t just one reason why MBA for engineers is so widely popular. Going into details, the reasons for the same are as follows:
- Popularity- All around the world, people are aware of the degree, and therefore, its credibility to get you a job will only increase if you apply abroad. Colleges like the GD Goenka University in Gurgaon bring out the global management skills in a student.
- New Horizons- Technical fields are amazing and interesting to work in, but students can soon start feeling crumbled under the lack of dynamism and monotony. MBA provides a platform for engineering graduates to step up their jobs to a new scale.
- Develop leadership qualities- Any job environment requires a person to lead a team successfully towards a common goal and the degree develops these skills, which is why MBA for engineers stirs up the perfect recipe for leadership-oriented roles.
- Career diversity- MBA opens up an entire horizon and with their already nourished technical knowledge, engineers get job offers from far and wide.
- Higher pay- This fact isn’t surprising as most of the students do MBA for this reason. The hike in pay after the MBA degree is a lot and cannot be surpassed by any other master’s degree.
Colleges to look out for!
There are a plethora of options when it comes to MBA. Especially, the prestigious IIMs become an easy task for brainy engineers. Exam like CAT and GMAT provide admissions to top colleges around the country and abroad. Some of the top colleges are listed below:
- NARSEE MONJEE INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES- The institute has one of the best classroom experiences for its students. The emphasis on experimental learning through the hands-on implementation of key concepts creates a space where talent nurtures creativity. Their course structure is one of the best as it is constantly upgraded to match the market needs.
- JECRC UNIVERSITY, JAIPUR- The college has one of the best faculty and infrastructure, therefore MBA for engineers from this place is one of the tops in the league. The world-class faculty imparts knowledge that stretches beyond the conventional classroom, cultivating an interactive environment for the students is reflected in their placement records.
- GD GOENKA UNIVERSITY IN GURGAON- GD Goenka University in Gurgaon has emerged as one of the best MBA colleges specializing in finance. Located in Delhi-NCR, it is very well connected to the industrial hub and therefore, promises a plethora of companies that visit the campus for placements.