The effectiveness of an online store is highly dependent on the visibility of the site in the search. If your website appears on search engine pages, you must receive good traffic and generate more leads. But if this is not the case with your website, then you must be lacking somewhere. With the emerging technology and modernization, companies are entering the online marketplace at a rapid pace. And if you already have a store and want to earn more, then this blog is for you.
But how to do it? The first and the most important thing you have to do is optimize your online store for search engines. In this guide, we’ll talk about getting to the top of Google search results and give you a list of 10 SEO company tips for online stores to help you attract and convert targeted traffic. It will help improve your website performance and make your website search engine friendly.
1. Optimize the Most Important Pages First
If you want to optimize the whole website, then begin with the most important pages first. It can be the home page, product catalog page, category pages, blog posts, etc. It depends on which page you want to google crawl first. Most people reach them, and your website engagement entirely depends on it. Some tips for optimizing these pages:
- Keywords: Keyword insertion is the best way to optimize any page. For that, you need first to find the right keyword targeting your business. You can do that by examining your competitors and also performing keyword research before proceeding. Niche-based keywords can also be anything your audience uses most and use them on the most important pages and in the metadata. Include these keywords and write relevant, helpful descriptions for that particular page.
- Optimize metadata: Metadata acts as an address for your web pages that make your web pages crawlable by google. It is crucial to optimize web pages with unique content because google loves uniqueness and gives top priority to those pages.
- Alt Tags for images: Google doesn’t understand images, so optimize them with the Alt tags to make your images crawlable. It will make your website images SEO-friendly and also help them to rank on google image pages.
- Add quality content: Content plays a crucial role in optimizing your web pages. Quality and interactive content not only helps engage customers but also attracts new visitors to your site. As we mentioned earlier, Google loves quality SEO-friendly content, and if your website fulfills all the basic requirements, nothing can stop you from hitting the target.
2. Strategic Interlinking
Internal links in the website content help visitors land from one page of your site to another. It helps increase traffic on the current page as well as other pages of your website. Internal linking also helps users find more in-depth information related to your business and increases time sessions on your website. The more clicks on a particular, the higher the link mass and the better for SEO. Here are tips for internal linking:
- Link your priority pages: Adding links on your website’s header or footer that navigates your priority page will help users find the most relevant pages of your website. Add more and more links to the most popular posts on your blog.
- Links to related product pages: internal linking on other pages is the best way to drive traffic on your product pages as well. By doing so, you can increase sales and generate ROI online.
3. Website Structure
Website is the face of your business. If you want your site to rank top on search engine pages, improve your website structure, work well on its internal pages. Improve the design of the header and footer to make your site readable.
- Work on website responsiveness: As we all know that smartphones make our life easier. It becomes easy for us to browse the internet for any query online. And if your website is not responsive enough, then your competitors are there to take your positions. So, better work on improving your website structure to opt for any screen size.
- Browser friendly: Websites that are browser friendly end up creating more leads. Suppose if your website is doing great on Chrome, but it’s not responding to Mozilla, Internet Explorer. It can affect your business because you never know your customer is using which browser to open your site.
- Page loading speed: Website speed will lead to your business success. How? Well, we know we love browsing sites that respond quickly, unlike other slow buffering sites. Website loads slow may increase the bounce rate of websites because these websites are difficult to access. As a result, visitors leave your sites quickly. But this is not the case with the other sites that load fast. Factors like heavy image files, pages with overloaded content, videos and graphics, etc., can make your site slow. So, it is better to help SEO experts optimize your website loading speed and make it search engine friendly.
4. Quality content
Nothing can beat your business growth, not even your competitors if you’re prioritizing content quality. Quality content, including the latest issues, blogs providing solutions, articles educating readers, etc., helps educate, inform and add value to your customer’s knowledge. It will increase the popularity of your website and will continue to grow on search engines. Here are some valuable tips you should keep in mind while writing content for your website:
- Headline: Write catchy and informative headlines of blogs, articles, or even for your website content. If you want your readers to pay attention to the rest of your article, give them a hint through your headline. Label them with H1, H2, H3, and so on to make them readable.
- Write short informative paragraphs: Short and crisp paragraphs encourage readers for further reading. Long paragraphs can increase boredom among users and drive them from the primary purpose.
- Share on social networks: Share your content on social networks to get more readers on content. It will make it easier for readers to share your content on various media.
- Keywords: Use keywords in your posts and the language your target audience speaks.
Sometimes, significant updates from Google can negatively impact your SEO, and you need to keep up with the latest news from the company. To avoid missing essential changes, keep updating your site as per google’s latest updates to make it rankable and increase searchability.