Many of us know something about Spot UV coating or printing. However, the customers of the packaging companies need to know much about it due to its value in making custom printed packaging boxes more attractive. Therefore, we have planned to introduce all the manufacturers who need packaging boxes about Spot UV coating or Spot UV printing.
So, let us start!
What is Spot UV?
Well, it is a stylish coating technique through which the packaging companies cure the printed material by using ultraviolet (UV) rays. In this way, the varnish becomes stable and protected. Moreover, the packaging companies use high-gloss UV coating to ensure the protection of the boxes. Another important feature of this coating is that the packaging boxes give a shiny and aesthetic look with the additional protective layer to secure the printing over there.
Why Do The Packaging Companies Recommend Spot UV Coating?
The main reason is to increase the shine and appearance of color palettes (PMS or CMYK) on custom printed packaging boxes. In this way, the appearance of these boxes enhances and can grab the attention of the customers more effectively. Spot UV coating helps you stand out among numerous business competitors and develop an alluring appeal in your products on store shelves.
The vividness of the color is necessary when you are using custom packaging boxes for marketing. With that, adding glossiness in the boxes develops a reflective shine in the box that gets the attention of the customers more aggressively. Moreover, a protective cover is added to keep the beauty of packaging boxes intact and secure even after a long time.
How is Blind Spot UV Different from Spot UV?
The printing experts recommend blind spot UV for those printed packaging boxes on which dark colors are used. However, the process is the same for both types of coating. The only difference that we can find is in the finished product.
However, there are some technical differences as well while comparing spot UV and blind-spot UV coating. We are discussing these differences here:
When we talk about the design approach, it is different in both coating styles. However, the processing has no difference. When the printers are using spot UV, they create a mask file, which helps the press add coating where it is needed. On the other hand, blind spot UV coating is used on darker backgrounds to ensure improved readability of the printed material on the packaging boxes.
What Are The Advantages of Spot UV Coating?
Well, we can give numerous reasons that enforce the packaging companies to tell about spot UV coating. Most importantly, these advantages can have numerous advantages related to marketing point-of-view. Here, we are discussing some of them:
- The packaging companies recommend spot UV coating to add sine, eye-catching view, attractiveness, appeal, and more subdued lighting. Moreover, the custom printed packaging boxes give an aesthetic and sophisticated look to the customers.
- You can improve the readability and provide clarity to the content that you have added to custom packaging boxes. In this way, your product can get notice from the customers. More importantly, legality issues can also be resolved by providing more readability in the content.
- When the manufacturers ship the products to far-off places, they want to keep the products’ originality and look safe and protected. With spot UV coating, they can achieve this target, as the packaging boxes can give an original and fresh look for a long time.
- Everyone in this world is now concerned about the environment in which we are living. Therefore, packaging companies are also thinking about it. Spot UV coating is helping them in this cause, as this technology is friendly for the environment. The rays of UV coating are not added to the air and remain, only where they are placed.
- Spot UV coating offer versatility to the customers. More importantly, it enhances the look of the packaging material that you are using.
- Spot UV coating is suitable for all types of packaging boxes to add a prominent finishing look. However, the experts recommend not to use it on thin packaging boxes.
The Bottom Line
While talking about the custom packaging boxes, it is necessary to mention that a matte finish is the best approach when you have a plan to use a spot UV finish. The packaging companies prefer a subdued matte background with spot UV coating to develop a top-quality contrast with a high glossy shine and eye-catching look.
Therefore, the customers must also keep an eye on more refined styles and approaches while asking for custom packaging boxes. Overall, we want to ensure that spot UV printing can be a feature that your customers will love to find on your packaging boxes.