If you are thinking of becoming a software developer it is the very right time, taking into consideration, the fact that the software industry is currently in boom and almost every company has a need for software development for their growth and development. You can see this article; if you want to learn more about programming languages and even if you are already a programmer who is looking to brush up their skills.
6 Best programming language trends
Let’s get started and learn about some of the best and most popular programming trends in today’s day.
Guido van Rossum was the one who invented Python in the late 1980s. Guido previously assisted in the creation of ABC, which a general-purpose programming language. It had a few flaws, but its functionality was very appreciable. To address all of these problems and to rectify them, Guido took the syntax and the best features of ABC and developed a new scripting language, which came to be known as Python.
According to some surveys that were conducted, Python ranked first among the various other languages as a language that many of the developers don’t know much about surely do want to learn about. So the question that may come into most minds is that what is it that makes python so different from others, so let’s discuss some of its benefits:
- Simplicity is the key: Python’s syntax is easy to read and comprehend. This programming language is a good choice for most beginners because it has a flat learning curve.
- There are a lot of libraries: Python libraries eliminate the need for developers to write code from scratch. Many of the functions needed to complete simple tasks are already present over there.
- The essence of open-source. Python is open-source software that is free to use and distribute for developers and almost everyone for that matter of fact.
But since everything that is great has its bad or difficult sides, python too does have some disadvantages, here are some of them; Moderate execution speed; large memory footprint; incompatible with mobile production. Now since we know about the advantages and disadvantages of Python, let’s know more about the areas in which it can be implemented.
According to the most recent programming language trends, Python has been considered particularly useful in the following areas: web development, desktop app development, machine learning, neuroscience, medicine, pharmacology, and astronomy.
It is considered as one of the best in web development because, it has been used to create some of the best app (like Pinterest, Instagram, Netflix, Google, Dropbox, and many more) that are there in today’s date.
Also Read: A Basic Introduction of Python Programming
The first version of Kotlin, version 1.0, was released in 2016. According to the most recent programming language patterns, it has been the fastest-growing programming language in recent years. It’s mainly due to Google’s declaration of Kotlin as the default language for Android developers in 2019. Let’s discuss some of the advantages of using Kotlin now:
- Coordination with Java code is excellent: Kotlin is well-known for its compatibility with Java, as well as its frameworks and tools. As a result, moving from one programming language (Java) to another (Kotlin) is easier.
- There are fewer bugs: Katlin’s codebase is clean and concise, which means there are less opportunities for errors.
- Easy to keep up with: Kotlin is well-known for its compatibility with a variety of IDEs, including SDK tools and Android Studio.
Here are some disadvantages of using Kotlin as your programming language: Compilation is relatively slow; community resources are limited; Kotlin takes into consideration, a different approach to programming than Java. Now let’s see some of the key areas where Kotlin is used.
Kotlin is one of the most common new programming languages, and it’s ideal for creating Android apps. Furthermore, it can be effectively used for the following purposes, according to current programming language trends; developing Internet of Things (IoT) applications, creation of iOS applications, web design, and production, analytics of data, the science of data, the development of video games.
Just like most of the other programming languages, Scala was created with a very particular purpose that it had to serve. Scala developers are in high demand, making it one of the most popular programming languages. The explanation for this is that programmers who use Scala, Perl or Go prefer to earn the most money in the world. Here are some advantages of using Scala as your programming language:
- Java compatibility is a must: Java libraries and the JVM (Java Virtual Machine) are available to programmers.
- Coding with a purpose: Functional and object-oriented programming is also possible with it. Scala allows programmers to write practical and succinct code. Furthermore, this programming language facilitates the creation and testing of applications.
- Scala is one of the most widely used web programming languages. Scala provides improved coding and enhanced efficiency due to its complex features.
Here are some disadvantages of using Scala as your programming language, As compared to Java, Scala’s syntax is more complicated. Also, there is a limited developer pool; Scala is a modern technology that can be abandoned at any time. Now, here is what Scala is be used for in today’s day.
Scala is a programming language that can be used for a variety of tasks. It is appropriate for a variety of custom business software development projects. Big data and distributed systems are among them. LinkedIn, Twitter, Tumblr, and Foursquare are only a few of the well-known websites created with Scala.
Swift, a new programming language, was created to take the place of Objective-C. Since the 1980s, there have been no major improvements to the latter programming language. As a result, it lacked contemporary functionality. Objective-C is regarded as one of the most feared programming languages in recent years. Here are some advantages of using Swift as your programming language.
- Scalability is an important factor: The scalability of Swift ventures is well-known. When new features are required, you can easily expand the current functionality by adding them.
- Rapid advancement: Swift is a common web programming language that has a simple and expressive syntax. As a consequence, relative to Objective-C, developers can write fewer codes to perform routine tasks.
- Better results. Developers can prevent big code crashes and errors thanks to great typing and error handling features. Furthermore, if a code snippet contains an error, programmers can now automatically find and correct it.
Some disadvantages of using Swift as your programming language are; Support for older iOS versions is limited, the talent pool is limited, and the backward compatibility is poor. One of the main use of Swift is that it be of aid to create products for Mac OS, iOS, Watch OS, and TV OS.
Go was created to make Google’s software development process more efficient and scalable. Go was relaunched as an open-source project in 2009. Go is the top programming language that developers want to learn, according to a survey. Multithreading and concurrency are also possible with Go. These ideas allow programmers to build quick apps with minimal code. Here are some advantages of using Go as your programming language:
- It is easy to pick up: With a simple and easy-to-read syntax, Go is a top programming language. Furthermore, there aren’t many complicated roles to master. As a result, for newcomers, this programming language is a good option.
- A fantastic standard library: Go comes with a good standard library, which eliminates the need for third-party libraries for string manipulation, testing, and HTTP servers.
- Static analysis methods that are reliable: Consider the case of gofmt. This tool formats the written code in accordance with the Go style guide. It means that your team will have more time to focus on the code’s intent.
Some disadvantages of using Go as your programming language include inadequate error management that arises due to the limited number of packages, there are only a few frameworks available.
According to current programming language trends, Go is being used for the following items: services in the cloud, platforms of communication, products via Google, services that can be made available whenever you want them.
Software Development Companies
You can get a professional website designer to create your website today using the most up-to-date technology. You can showcase your work to the world on the internet in a professional manner. The features that you can gain with a software development company include; it’s adaptable, hackers are kept at bay, it is simple, fast, and inexpensive, also the support is available at all times of the day and night i.e. 24/7. You are at the right place if you wish to know more about top-notch offshore software development companies in India.
India is one of the largest software development markets in the world. As a result, many companies all over the world outsource their tech ventures to India. However, in this overcrowded talent market, finding the right software development partner is extremely difficult. Here are some of the best and well-trusted software development companies in India.
- Hyperlink InfoSystem: It is a leading software development company in India, with offices in the United States, Australia, and the United Arab Emirates. It provides its clients with services like custom software, web, and app development services, AI solutions, salesforce solutions, and many more.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS): it is one of the largest companies in India and is spread across 149 locations and 46 countries all around the world. Mobile applications, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, Custom Software Development, and many other services are provided by the company.
- Infosys: Its headquarters are in Bangalore, and it is one of the most sought-after companies in terms of jobs. They offer services such as business consulting, information technology, and outsourcing. After TCS, Infosys is India’s second-largest IT Company.