Sppsvc.exe is one of the core services on Windows, which stands for Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service. The file is located in the C:\Windows folder; it automatically runs on Windows startup to maintain its functionality. It is really important to run sppsvc.exe because it helps to check if you are using a valid Windows License or not. So let’s start our blog and discuss whether to remove sppsvc.exe or not?
What is sppsvc.exe?
Sppsvc.exe file is a core service for Windows Operating System which helps to confirm genuine Windows License. As Microsoft is getting stricter when it comes to dealing with piracy issues, Sppsvc is a step towards their plan.
Is it Safe or a Virus?
Generally, many users have started naming the service as SPPSVC virus, because after the new Windows 10 update they are facing some issues related to high CPU usage. But the answer to the question of whether it is a virus or not? Is a big no. The service is part of Microsoft Windows functionality, and it helps to deal with pirated Windows problems. Removing or stopping it can cause some significant issues.
How to remove or fix it sppsvc?
As mentioned, removing or deleting the executable file can cause some issues in your PC, it is highly advisable not to remove or delta the file. If you are facing issues like high CPU usage from the SPPSVC.exe file, then you can try the following troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue:
Let’s begin System Restore (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10):
- Search for “MSconfig” in the start search bar.
- Right-click on it and Run as Administrator.
- In the Services tab tick on “Hide all MS Services” to disable everything except anti-virus and other services. Other services are freeloaders running on System Resources, which can cause conflicts, and they do not require to run on Windows startup unless you are sure you need them on standby at all times.
- Then go to Task Manager> Startups tab and perform the same action.
This will help to disable all unnecessary services to run on Windows Startup.
If Step 1 fails to resolve the sppsvc.exe error, please proceed to Step 2 below.
Sometimes the sppsvc.exe error occurs due to an outdated version of Windows. So, If you are still facing issues, then run a Repair Install using Media Creation Tool and Upgrading your Windows.
- Download Windows Media Creation Tool from Microsoft website.
- After the download is complete, install the program by accepting the License Agreement.
- Then choose the option to Create installation media for another PC and click on Ok.
- Create an ISO file and save the “Windows.iso” in the chosen location.
- Now right click on the Windows.iso file and select Mount.
- Double click on setup.exe on the mounted drive and press “Yes” for the UAC warning message, then select next.
- Accept the license agreement and wait till Windows checks for updates.
- On the ‘Ready to Install’ screen, make sure to select the “Keep personal files and Apps” option and click Install.
STEP – 3
If the first step couldn’t resolve your issue, then it’s a good plan to install Anti-Virus Software on your PC. Sometimes the sppsvc.exe error messages occur due to some malicious software downloaded on your Operating System. The following steps may help you to get rid of them:
1- Download “Windows Defender” from Microsoft official website
2- Install and run the software as administrator.
3- Go to Virus and Threat Protection and select Scan options.
4- Choose the full scan option and run.
5- Take necessary action once the scan is complete.
Hope the 3 Steps might help you to resolve and fix the sppsvc.exe file and make your PC or Laptop run as smoothly as it used to earlier.
How to remove sppsvc?
Sometimes some viruses are saved with the extension /sppsvc.exe. To remove these malicious programs /files, you can download any Anti-Malware software. There is no lack of readily available cybersecurity software programs that will certainly detect and also eliminate mining malware that are damaging your files.
If the infected machine doesn’t include crucial data or the victim has backed up such information in a clean location, and also the customer has some experience, formatting the tough drives might work in some scenarios. This option might not be adequate if the infection has penetrated one or more networks the equipment belongs to.
A lot of times it so happens that it can also consume a lot of resources and make your system slow. When this happens users are not able to work properly, even the light apps struggle to work. If such a thing ever happens to you then you can check microsoft software protection platform service high cpu.
Hope it helps.
Thanks for reading!